Pete, Saturn Mechanic
Experience:  17 years Saturn Technician experience.
14928985

Key stuck in ignition. Can't jump start. Won't come out of

Customer Question

Key stuck in ignition. Can't jump start. Won't come out of park.
JA: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?
Customer: Steering wheel has play. Key is not damaged
JA: What is the model/year of your Saturn?
Customer: 2008 vue xr
JA: Are you fixing your VUE yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Trying jumping. No way to get out of park. Key stuck in acc
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Pete replied 12 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Check and make sure the battery cables are clean and tight at the battery as well as leading from the battery as this can cause this type of fault here.Even a jump start will not work if the cables are corroded or loose or if the jumper cables used are not heavy duty as some jumper cables are to weak.If this is all o.k. hold the shifter up into park and see if the key then rotates.If it does then this can indicate a fault with the shifter or shifter cable in some cases.If neither of these work here let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete