Saturn

Saturn Repair Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Saturn

Is not shifting, It's my brother's and he bought the car

Customer Question
Is not shifting, JA: How old...
Is not shifting,
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you noticed any leaking?
Customer: It's my brother's and he bought the car with the transmission not shifting, i don't know how Old is the transmission
JA: What is the model/year of your Saturn?
Customer: Not leaking
JA: What year is your Saturn?
Customer: 04 Vue
JA: Are you fixing your VUE yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: haven't try anything, cause I don't gave any experience on that type of transmission, I know all gm trans but nit that one, that is why I want to find out what am I getting to first
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes. Want to know if has To do with the transmission module
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Saturn
10/25/2016
Saturn Mechanic: Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Ronnie
Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

In order to determine if the shifting problem you are describing is and internal problem or an electronic control issue the first thing that needs to be done is to have the system scanned to see if there are any fault codes setting. It there is a problem with the TCM and or the electronic control system there should be a fault code and or codes. If you can get the scan done and post back with the result I will see if I can help you get this resolved.

George H.
George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician