Amedee
Amedee, Saturn Technician
Experience:  ASE certified Technician advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

Fan won't come on, 2004 vue, just happened this morning in

Customer Question

fan won't come on
JA: What is the model/year of your Saturn?
Customer: 2004 vue
JA: Are you fixing your VUE yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: just happened this morning in 30 degree weather. not sure how expensive it will be to fix at garage
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, thanks
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome!

My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Are you talking about the cooling fan under the hood or the blower motor inside the vehicle?

What size engine do you have?

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Hello?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
blower fan,. 3.5 l v6
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can't call, at work
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

OK

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are we done?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello?
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

No Sir, we are just getting started.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Start by checking the HVAC 40 amp fuse in the underhood fuse block. This fuse supplies power to the blower motor.

If this fuse checks out good, then you are going to want to check for power and ground at the blower motor itself. If both are present and the blower motor is not working, the blower motor is bad and will need to be replaced. If there is no ground to the blower, the resistor or the switch could be at fault.

If it turns out to be a bad blower motor, the price will vary depending on the shop you get the work done at (unless you would like to replace the blower motor yourself to save a few bucks).

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

The O.E. part number for the blower motor is 15788056 and it lists out for $218. However, you can get one much cheaper if you shop around at your local auto parts stores or even if you search on line.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

The blower motor itself is not hard to replace. It only calls for .5 tenths of an hour to replace so this is something anyone can replace.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
coo, thanks for all your help. gotta get to work
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

If you have a garage replace the blower motor, it could be between $150 and $300 bucks depending on their labor rate and where they get the part from. Keep in mind, it might be something much more simple like a bad or blown fuse.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

I am glad I can help!

It has been a pleasure working with you. Please dont forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "5 STAR SERVICE" for assisting you today.

Keep in mind, we can still continue this conversation at no further cost to you even after you rate my answer. Just reply back to me using this page and I will get it and get back to you ASAP!

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

You should see the rating system towards the top of the page.

Thank you and have a great day!!

Expert:  Amedee replied 12 months ago.

Hello!

I see you have viewed my last reply but have not responded back. I am just checking in to see if you have any further questions or to see if you still need help with anything? If so, please let me know as I will be happy to help. If I have answered all of your questions, please dont forget to honor the good faith rating system to complete this conversation.

Thank you and have a great day!