Saturn

Saturn Repair Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Saturn

Drivers door window wouldn't work so I pulled door cover off

Customer Question
and bolt had fallen off...
drivers door window wouldn't work so I pulled door cover off and bolt had fallen off, (window now works but the door lock won't open door stays locked?
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has this ever happened before?
Customer: could it be electrical, a fuse or something to do with the window?
JA: What is the model/year of your Saturn?
Customer: 2006 Ion
JA: Are you fixing your Ion yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Didn't know what else to look for to fix it?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Saturn
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/18/2016
Saturn Mechanic: Don - Mo Lurch, Saturn Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Saturn Mechanic

since you found a "bolt" inside the door, be sure the Door Lock Actuator has 3 bolts attaching it to the Door & Handle
Be sure the Outside Door Handle is tight & nothing missing
Check the Window Regulator & tracks for looseness & missing bolts
Let me know what you find

did you need more information?
please respond or rate my answer

thank you

Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Saturn Mechanic