sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I will get back to you at late time. I was just checking to

Customer Question

I will get back to you at late time. I was just checking to see how the site operates when your message appeared. I have a 1995 Saturn that is no longer usable and I am looking for another one so I will have some questions for you shortly. Thanks for being here for us.
JA: What is the model of your '95 Saturn?
Customer: I believe it is an SL 1. It is a 4-door sedan.
JA: Are you fixing your Sedan yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have been getting information on fixing it. I am told the engine heads need resealing and that will cost about $800 and even then, there is no guarantee that the work will last. So I am looking at buying another older car. I am 81 and do very little driving but do still need to have my own transportation but insurance is outrageously high so I need to get an older car to try to keep my insurance rate pretty close to what I am paying for the 1995 auto.
JA: PayPal, Debitcard or credit card are all fine.
Customer: ok. What are your rates?
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?
Customer: it has 147,000 miles on it, it is an automatic transmission.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes, I need to know what the charge is so that I can be sure I can pay it.
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: Well, I better wait for another day to be sure I can get to the bank to make a deposit for my debit card. I do not have a credit card.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Justanswer!

I see that you're having trouble with your existing car and were considering another but there weren't any other questions about another vehicle posted. I see that you appear to have a head gasket leaking your or existing vehicle, depending on exactly what that issue is there is a good chance it will need more than just the gasket.

Did you have another question at this time?