Saturn

Saturn Repair Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Saturn

Starts inconsistenly. Replaced the starter, and alternator.

Customer Question
Starts inconsistenly . Replaced the...
Starts inconsistenly . Replaced the starter , and alternator .
JA: When you turn the key, do you get a single loud click, or a series of rapid ones?
Customer: Neither . When I turn it all the lights come on but that's it . Lights aren't dim
JA: What is the model/year of your Saturn?
Customer: 2007 Saturn aura 3.6
JA: Are you fixing your Aura yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I'm not I've taken it to 2 mechanics . First one replaced the starter ... worked for 1 day . Replaced the battery ... worked for 2 days . Replaced the alternator worked for 1 day . Started fine all day today now after sitting for 3 hours it won't start
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that i can think of .
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Saturn
10/7/2016
Saturn Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 1 year ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer and allowing me to assist you. Intermittent electrical problems are very difficult and frustrating to diagnose because if the system works you have no point to start checking from.Then all you can do is start throwing parts at it.In doing so one has to take a intelligent experienced guess.Your patience and cooperation will be appreciated for us to solve this. Is this an automatic or standard transmission?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Unfortunately I'm not sure how to tell the difference . Probably standard it's not a stick

do you have to shift gears and push a clutch pedal , or just put into drive

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Just drive

Ok then it's an automatic .so the problem can be a couple of things and have to be checked . first off there is something you can try next time it won't crank, holding the key to start then wiggle the shift lever and see if that starts. I f it does then you need the safety neutral switch replaced. Hope this helps you solve your problem and if you require further assistance I'll be happy to do so.

Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician