tims auto repair
tims auto repair, mechanic
Experience:  own's repair shop 25yrs
14541291

I have a 02 Saturn vue v6 awd. 197000 miles. New timing belt

Customer Question

I have a 02 Saturn vue v6 awd. 197000 miles. New timing belt and top half of engine worked about 30k miles ago
The Evap sensor on top of the gas tank has be bad for several months. No problem with engine performance. po496
My issue is this. I started the vehicle and heard a pop. I restarted the vehicle no issue. Now when I start the vehicle the rpm goes to about 1700 and settles back to 750. It then goes to a very rough idle. codes 300 301 303 304
Please advise
Category: Saturn
Expert:  tims auto repair replied 9 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.
I will do my best to assist you.

is the 300 301 303 304 the only codes you get
?

is the car drivable?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
those are the codes. Yes the car drives good. The issues are that cold start idle goes to about 1700 and slowly drops down to(###) ###-####rpm. Rough idle
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I will be home in 30 mins and will re scan the codes. Been driving Vue all day.

ok

that would be great.

do you ever need to add coolant?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Coolant is good. No addsThese are the codes after driving all day. 300 301 302###-##-####174 400. Seems like it is time for the grave yard.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Code 507 also

sorry i keep missing you.,

i would think you need to fix the miss-fire codes and that will fix your idle problem..

you may just need to tune it up,,new plugs and plug boots.

though it is possible that you need the 135 ei[electronic ignition]module to fix the miss.

try the tune up first

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX]

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fr21xjdlcl8epb5/1006-vue-P0507.doc?dl=0

.

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

thanks

.

www.dropbox.com/s/fr21xjdlcl8epb5/1006-vue-P0507.doc?dl=0

.

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help