George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ Years
13574682

I have a 2002 Saturn Vue, I"m having acceleration problem.

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 2002 Saturn Vue, I"m having acceleration problem. After car warms up, once I come to a stop. the Vue wont accelerate I can put it to the floor and it takes for ever to go and then runs fine until I have to stop again. while car sits for a while it goes back to normal.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  david craig replied 1 year ago.

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. do you have a check engine light on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but its been on for a long time before this started.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been told that a clog in the catalytic converter can cause this to happen on saturns.

well just because its been on for a while doesnt mean more fault codes arent being stored. you need to have it scanned for codes.

as far as being told its clogged catalytic converters that doesnt mean a thing unless you know they are clogged. that would require a back pressure test to be done.

i base my suggestions and recommendations on tests, not hearsay... throwing parts at a car because you think something is bad ends up costing you money and getting no results

so my suggestion to you is to have the computer scanned for codes. then we can find out what exactly is going on with your vehicle and take the proper steps to address the situation.

do you have a scan tool and a back pressure gauge?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
in your professional opinion what could cause acceleration problem with a saturn vue?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no I don't have a gauge

it can be a number of thing. throttle position sensor. clogged egr valve. clogged catalytic converters, bad accelerator pedal position sensor. a bad computer, bad colipacks, spark plugs, throttlebody, clogged fuel filter, a weak fuel pump

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This has been the worst help site I've ever encountered.

you are asking me a question that is impossible to answer. i have no idea whats wrong with your vehicle. you need to have the computer scanned for codes.

do you even a have a mutli meter or a scan tool?

if you cant even run to autozone and have them scan your vehicle for codes then i can not help you. im not into guessing.

ill opt out and let another tech guess