George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ Years
13574682

I have a 2003 saturn vue 2.2l 4cylinder with the vti

Customer Question

i have a 2003 saturn vue 2.2l 4cylinder with the vti transmission I am doing a fluid change and cannot find the information I need. i dont know how much fluid to use or exactly how to refill the transmission. Also I cannot remove the center plug from the main plug, it was stripped out when the transmission was replaced 5 years ago so if you know the actual part name and a site to purchase one it would be a great help. Thanks!
JA: When was your transmission fluid last checked?
Customer: Probably when they had to replace the transmission in 2011.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am, all i want to do is change the fluid and see iff her trans stops slipping. I drained it last night and fluid smells burnt and is almost black.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I just need to know fluid capacity, how to fill it and a replacement part name/number for the drain plug assembly.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 11 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

2003 Saturn Truck VUE L4-2.2L VIN D

Save Article

Select Print Option Complete Article Text Only Image(s) Only

Transmission Fluid Drain and Refill ................................................ 4.0L (4.2 Qt) Overhaul ........................................................ 7.8L (8.2 Qt)

2003 Saturn Truck VUE L4-2.2L VIN D

Save Article

Transmission Fluid Type Type ................ Dexron III, Saturn P/N 21019223/Saturn T-IV Fluid (22689186)