Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I can't get the rear rotor off my 2008 Saturn Vue. I have

Customer Question

I can't get the rear rotor off my 2008 Saturn Vue. I have removed the rubber grommet but don't see the star wheel to loosen the parking brake anywhere.
JA: Have your brakes ever been replaced? Have you checked the brake fluid?
Customer: The pads have been replaced, fluid is fine
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I am. The wheel is removed, the caliper removed and hung out of the way with wire, the torx screw removed, the rubber grommet removed to loosen the parking brake, but I cannot find the star wheel adjuster anywhere.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

The adjuster wheel is at the 12 oclock position - see attached). The hub face pretty much blocks most of the view of it and you have to use feel with a small screwdriver to feel for the adjuster wheel teeth to turn it

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Which way do I turn it to loosen?
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

turn it upward(towards the vehicle) to loosen it

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

If you have any other questions on this, feel free to ask for more help by clicking the REPLY TO EXPERT button, otherwise please click the OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE to pay for services rendered per your customer agreement as this is a PAYSITE and experts are not paid for their time, services, or knowledge until you do so.Thank you.

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

At this time please click the OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE to pay for servicesrendered per your customer agreement as this is a PAYSITE and expertsare not paid for their time, services, or knowledge until you do so.Thank you.