Pete, Saturn Mechanic
Experience:  17 years Saturn Technician experience.
14928985

How do I replace the lower motor mount on a 94 Saturn SW2,

How do I replace the lower motor mount on a 94 Saturn SW2, Manual transmission?

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Is this the mount you are trying to replace?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/upzqpeuvvjqzi0l/m-08-04.gif?dl=0

Let me know,thanks Pete

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Yes

O.k.,this is a difficult one to replace.You need to loosen the nuts or bolts that hold the bottom of the mount to the frame.Then use a hydraulic jack with a large wood block across the engine oil pan to lift the engine or best used is an engine hoist to lift the engine from the top.

Once the engine is lifted up then the upper mount bolts to the mount are removed and the mount slid out and replaced.You will need to also remove the front passenger wheel and inner fender shield to access it.

On some models it is still to tight to remove it so you would need to remove the mount bracket bolts as well to give you more play and room to replace this mount.Below is a picture of the mount brackets that may need removed.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jj1a7obggcq047s/mounts-08-04.gif?dl=0

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete