Saturn

Saturn Repair Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Saturn

2008 Saturn vue air bag light on, no communication with hvac

Customer Question
instrument module JA: Is anything interfering...
2008 Saturn vue air bag light on, no communication with hvac instrument module
JA: Is anything interfering with the seatbelt latch?
Customer: havn't looked
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I own a shop, this is a long time cutomers car
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: cant comunicate with low speed bus, but many modules still work car drives fine, just the air bag light is on tried to up date it but dosn't recognize module to update it
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Saturn
8/1/2016
Saturn Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Saturn Technician replied 1 year ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Saturn Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.working after noon till just after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • Yes, you have been charged already.
  • Yes, I am aware of the time you asked your question and time I am responding.
  • I will be online a couple more hours after this post.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
think I have found the problem, positive side of the bus go's to power and stays there when the body controller is connected, the bus is open when its disconnected/ think my body controller is bad, would like to here your opinion

Are you able to link and communicate with other modules once the BCM is unplugged?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no cant communicate with the air bag, radio, instrument cluster, theft, or the passenger presence module
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
think the body is not waking them up
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
when I scan for them its like they don't exist
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
also hvac wont communicate, but the car runs good passed emissions. hvac works, instruments work good except air bag light is on
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
using a snap on bus fault finder. to connect and disconnect modules
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
tried to update programing but j box dosn't see them either

Are you getting any U codes?

Hello again Chris here,

• I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out/completed.
  • It appears you were not pleased with my help.
  • If more assistance is needed, reply and let me know, also let me know what it is you're needing to be pleased.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I never know it.)
  • You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, and I do not want you to leave having paid for something that did not meet your wants/needs and myself not receiving a feedback selection from yourself.

Thanks Chris

Chris (aka- Moose), Saturn Technician