Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles
45790705

No instruments-no fuel gauge -no temp gauge -no door

Customer Question

no instruments-no fuel gauge -no temp gauge -no door locks--wont come out of park--air conditioning compressor will not come on This is a 2003 Saturn L300
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Chad ,Welcome To JustAnswer, I'm reviewing your question and I will be be posting a replay ASAP

is there a check engine light on ?

have you had a diagnostic scan and retrieved the fault codes ?

did this happened all at once ?

how many miles on it?

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

ASE Certfied Technician

2003 Saturn L300 V6-3.0L VIN R

Save Article

The bcm control the locks and all other mentioned

Door locking/unlocking, by Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) or driver/all door lock switches, is control led through the BCM. When a driver door unlock has been requested, the BCM switches circuit 1391 to battery voltage. This energizes the driver door unlock relay which supplies power to the driver door lock motor. Grounding is achieved through the closed contacts of the all-door lock relay. Grounding is also achieved through the windings of the all-door lock motors and the all-door unlock relay. When an all-door unlock has been requested, the BCM switches circuit 194 to battery voltage. This energizes the all-door unlock relay which supplies power to the all-door lock motors. Grounding is achieved through the closed contacts of the door lock relay. Grounding is also achieved through the winding of the driver door lock motor and the driver door unlock relay. When an all-door lock has been requested, the BCM switches circuit 195 to battery voltage. This energizes the all-door lock relay which supplies power to all-door lock motors. Grounding is achieved through the closed contacts of the driver door unlock relay and all-door unlock relay. Lock/Unlock power application is limited by the BCM to 7 seconds to protect lock motors.

try to get it to it and unplugged and wait 5 minutes and plugged back and see if that will reset it

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Service engine is on--Starts and runs but can't drive because it won't go out of park.Blue and Purple wire coming from center of fuse box which is the shorted out fuse looks like it goes to the left hand interior fuse box

ok let me look up wiring diagram and see what went wrong and i will get back to you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That will be fine.

the fuse you said it is shorted out , does the fuse cover label indicate which circuit or component it goes to?

was the service engine soon was on prior to this event or it came on after ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We found that fuse box under the hood is bad. We are looking for a used one

well this has the bunch controls that is needed for all you missing

get one and after install

if you have issues please let me know,

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok

make sure you check all the wires connectors going into that fuse box for any damage for melting , burned spots , backed out pins in that connector or any wires touching each others

so you want short out the new fuse box you installing

Chad (aka -Customer

Please let me know if you need anything else on it

Hope I was helpful to you

A Positive Rating is Much Appreciated

This Post Will Stay Open for You To Come back And Ask me Any Follow Up Question You May have.

Thank You

Chad Farhat