Saturn

Saturn Repair Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Saturn

Engine surges at idle when in drive with brake applied,

Customer Question
sometimes will stall...
engine surges at idle when in drive with brake applied, sometimes will stall
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Saturn
7/3/2016
Saturn Mechanic: Dan, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Dan, ASE Certified Technician

Check for vacuum leaks, clean the mass air sensor and clean throttle body. Carbon build up can restrict air flow and cause engine to stall at idle. Also check for any codes in the ecm.

If you need more help, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service. You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question, this does not close out your question. Remember, in some cases it can be difficult to completely diagnose or help repair your vehicle without being there, but I try to give you the best possible answer with the information that I have.

Thanks Dan

Hello again Dan here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears you’re not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. Please rate the answer, it would be appreciated.

Thanks Dan

Dan, ASE Certified Technician