Super mechanic
Super mechanic, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years experience
2947720

Passed parts of smog test my 2000 sl obdll monitor was not

Customer Question

passed parts of smog test my 2000 sl obdll monitor was not ready... I was told to drive around and then come back for a smog test... I drove for more than forty miles... came back and the smog test stated the same thing... how long in miles must I drive to have this monitor ready...
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Saturn. The Saturn Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: as stated driving miles to reset it and then I will take the car back to midas to have them check it
JA: Is there anything else the Saturn Mechanic should be aware of about your Saturn?
Customer: I had just about everything repaired and replaced new in may
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Saturn Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Super mechanic replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

It's not so much the distance that it is driven but it is a certain sequence it needs to go through the 'drive cycle'

I have the instructions in a PDF format, at the following link. You can copy and paste it into a new browser and rate the answer on this page.

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3l6bbfmrk17h0tq/DRIVE%20CYCLE.pdf?dl=0

Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, . EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ****THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID ****

If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the instructions in a PDF file, the file is rather large.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it.

I do not have access to your email address,

Thanks