Chris (aka- Moose), Saturn Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have no boost in first gear and it will boost up to 10psi

Customer Question

I have no boost in first gear and it will boost up to 10psi at very high rpms. Normal boost at the same rpms is 12psi Max. P1182 is the code it's throwing. Replaced map, maf, cleaned tb, and new air filter. 2006 Saturn ion Redline.
JA: Let's get those codes to the mechanic so you two can figure this issue out ASAP. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: All vacuum lines look OK. Replacing the map and maf sensors, cleaning the throttle body and new air filter.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Saturn Mechanic should know about your Saturn?
Customer: No I think that's it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Saturn Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central everyday. Please let me know exactly what you need from this conversation so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service.

Have you done any of the diag steps for this code yet?

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have replaced the MAF and MAP sensors, supercharger pressure inlet sensor and also cleaned the throttle body and new air filter.

Thanks for letting me only parts have been replaced but diagnostics have not been done yet.

Here are those steps to do which will confirm the correct repair is being done. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/p1182.pdf

I normally find the super charger pressure sensor or bypass actuator faulty for this code.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the top of your screen you will see 1-5 stars and a green submit button. When your ready please make sure to pick a rating. Rating is the only way I get compensated for helping. Don't worry about a follow up later if needed, they are free and I welcome them. Ask me about a phone call if you prefer that service.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Most everything on that list has been done. Tonight, I inspected vacuum hoses and all other hoses and connections making sure the sensors were clean and connected properly and checked to make sure there were no broken wires.
Any chance is could be the boost solenoid??

Can you give me the voltage reading you got for tests 7-8-9-10-11?

Yes it could be a boost solenoid, just rarely to blame for this code.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also have a rough idle occasionally at a stop. I've had this code for a while and been working toward finding the cause but just last week is when I realized I'm gettinp

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Getting any boost in first gear*
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can test that tomorrow and give you the readings.

Super

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears your not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris