Saturn

Saturn Repair Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Saturn

Saturn SL2: Bought 2000 Saturn SL 2, in August 2012. Every

Customer Question
Bought 2000 Saturn SL 2...
Bought 2000 Saturn SL 2, in August 2012. Every 6 month front passenger Front bearing goes And hub like a egg shape. Monro Mufflers has replaced this 10 times every 6 month. They has put filler cap with hub. But same thing happens. Bearing goes and hub like egg shape. Have paid 3 times for bearing And Hub. Everything else on car works, except air condition is shot. Love the vehicle.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Saturn
5/11/2016
Saturn Mechanic: George H., ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Hello I will help you with your question, If the bearing bore in the hub is oval then the knuckle needs to be replaced. They are inexpensive on car-part.com. A used part is best for this situation and should have the hub and bearing included. I would ask them if they will replace the whole knuckle if you bring the part. They should cover the labor after putting all these bearings in a worn knuckle without finding the root cause of the failures. IMO they owe you money for not doing the correct repair. Please let me know how I can help Thank you
George H.
George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician