Chris (aka- Moose), Saturn Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

2 sensors come on and lock the vehicle from moving. Code C0131

Customer Question

2 sensors come on and lock the vehicle from moving. Code C0131 came from the test
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Saturn. The Saturn Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Its the TCS and Electronic Stability Sensor.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: The longer I drive the brakes get harder to push and the car has to rest until its ready to move. It always starts however. Andbthe brakes will be really loose until it stops again
JA: Is there anything else the Saturn Mechanic should be aware of about your Saturn?
Customer: Yes I am. I don't want to pay $110 for another diagnoatic at GM
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Saturn Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Saturn
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. Can I get the year, make, model, and engine?You said 2 sensors come on, did you mean to lights or 2 codes?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2008 Saturn Vue xe or se and twolight the TCS and Electronic Stability Sensor v6 a believe
Can you do the diagnostic steps in the file below.https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/c0131.pdf -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What do you mean?
For this code per the diag you verify the brake lights work. If so then replace the BPMV then reset and retest. If the code returns then replace the EBCM.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ill try in the morning
Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't do it alone and took it to a mechanic but theh said they need to know the exact problem
I have already provided the diag steps for this code the repairs you should follow when getting this code. You need to do exactly what the diag steps state to do. Replace the BPMV then reset and retest. If the code returns then replace the EBCM.