Saturn

Saturn Repair Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Saturn

Recently had my 2009 Outlook detailed. Gradually the liftgate

Customer Question
Recently had my 2009 Outlook...
Recently had my 2009 Outlook detailed. Gradually the liftgate began to fail. The door locks were not locking when I put the car in gear. It has been rainy here in Colorado. I would be driving along and hit a bump and the doors would lock. They seem to be better now that it has dried and warmed up. The gate still will not unlock or open. I opened the passenger side fuse cover but don't see any relays. Any ideas? Is there a lock release from the inside?
JA: Fuses can be tricky. Fortunately, the mechanics here are real masters, and it would be my pleasure to connect you with the best one for the job. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I would like to at least check the relays. Are they on the driver side?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Saturn Mechanic should know about your Saturn?
Customer: No, no collisions or anything. Only 75,000 miles
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Saturn Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Saturn
5/3/2016
Saturn Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Saturn Technician replied 1 year ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Saturn Technician
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. Below is a link to the door lock circuit showing the relays you asked about.https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/pwroutlook.pdfFor the liftgate the only way to open it is to remove the interior door trim to work at the latch from within. For the lock issues we need a digital volt ohm meter to do the diag. Do you own one and can you do this kind of diag? -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because the post was not rated and or you need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option for an additional fee to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris
Chris (aka- Moose), Saturn Technician