Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  22 years GM master tech..ase mater tech
19513769

Saturn Vue V6: 2002 Saturn Vue V6. Runs fine cold, but when

Customer Question

2002 Saturn Vue V6. Runs fine cold, but when warm, RPM's stay high when you press the gas pedal. Gives OBD2 codes P0171, P0174, and P0507 after the problem happens. If you clear the codes, they don't come back until the car is warm and the problem happens again.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
was it doing this before the throttle body was cleaned ?are there any vacuum leaks at all ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The problem existed before. That's why I tried cleaning it. No vacuum leaks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's like the throttle says open after the car is hot.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If you shut the car off when and re-start, idle returns to normal, but if you accelerate again, RPM's stay high.
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
with those codes and NO vacuum leaks remove and clean the MAF sensor with MAF spray cleaner or carb cleanerif it still sets those codes then the only thing left is the throttle body itself being bad and you will need to replace the throttle bodyif it was a throttle control issue you would have codes for itthis is more than likely due to the throttle body not closing the butterfly correctly when warm due to an internal failure of the motor inside the throttle bodyif you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate us here at Justanswer
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
how are you making out ?if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate us here at Justanswer