FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH.
1627031

Names Thom and having problems with ignition on my 2002 saturn

Customer Question

Names Thom and having problems with ignition on my 2002 saturn l200
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Two weeks ago my car would not start, battery seems completely dead. Called auto club, they jumped me and it started. Bought a new battery and things were fine for the two weeks til two days ago and when I tried starting it, seemed like battery really low, jumped it with battery charger and drove around then turned it off. waited a few minutes and started it up fine. Today went out and it didn't want to start, but tried several times and it started, two hours later it would not start. But after tring to start it and turning key off and even removing the key, there is a sound , seems to be coming from behind the radio , radio turned off, the only thing I can think the sound sounds like is something mechanical resetting itself.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Auto Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $24 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** for the question. most of the time this is caused by a bad ignition switch or a bad body conrol module. Most of the time it i the ignition switch itself. Have these been tested?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, hoping to take to shop tomorrow.
And my cell reception suck so can't call.
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
I understand. Hopefully they will test these and find the issue.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where is the ignition switch located?
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
It is located right behind the key lock cylinder.