Saturn

Saturn Repair Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Saturn

Saturn ion anti theft no start JA: Thanks. Can

Customer Question
***** ***** saturn ion anti...
***** ***** saturn ion anti theft no start
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: replaced ignition switch , did relearn , lock out symbol still appears, no start 2093 ion 3
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Saturn Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Saturn
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Still there?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
hello, can you let me know your still there n i didnt pay $26 for nothin
4/15/2016
Saturn Mechanic: Tim Mohr, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Tim Mohr, ASE Certified Technician
Hi, my name is ***** ***** is usually caused by a bad key module in the column, do you have tilt wheel on this?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
yes
can you tilt the wheel all the way up, and see if the antitheft light goes off and it will start?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
does not go off, does not start, lock cylinder was reolaced at dealer @yr ago, recall, electrical switch i replaced today
its not the lock cylinder that goes bad, its the key module thats bolted to the cylinder, you may have lost programming for the key, can you try this? sit in the drivers seat and close the door, then try to start it, and let the key come back to the run position, leave in the run position, then watch the security light, after about 10 minutes, the light will go out, when it does, turn it off and try to start it?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Bcm clicking, possibly from now low battery due to attempt relearn twice
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Have tried relearn , turn to start then let sit in run 10 min, reoeat 3 times then try to start, no luck, lock out still on
does the light go out, after 10 minutes?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
yes it does
then you have a bad key sensor module, if the light goes out, the computer is programmed, bu if the key sensor does not send the correct signal, it will not start, you will need to replace the sensor,Tim
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i was under impression antitheft worked off a resistence reading (of @ 5 ohms) and would trigger if new resistence or diff was read, that relearn would correct to new resistence reading, anywhere near correct?
yes, when the properly program key is inserted, the sensor send a 5ohm resistance to the computer, if it is not seeing the 5ohm resistance it wont start, it either a bad sensor, or the computer is bad, the sensors are very common for repairs on these.Tim
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
could you send a pic or diagram of key sensor module, local gm dealer lists nothing under that name
what year is this??
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
2003,...also i just read there are 3 systems, mine appearently is passkey 3, the relearn procedue says to turn key to run,( but not start) n wait 10 min for lite stop, i was turning allway to start each time then leaving in run for 10 min, would that cause failure in relearn
It can, can you try it without going to start first?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
my battery is too low, il have to find somplace to charge it, car is in parking garage 20mi from home, my have to come back tmr, can you send pic /diagram or key sensor mod, or are you speaking of bcm?
its inside the keylock cylinder housing, its called the passlock sensor, the dealr does not sell it seprately, you have to buy the keylock housing,Tim
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the hall effect sensor? can i use one off a junkyard car?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
is it the small 2x1 in box screwed onto the side of thr bracket
Yes
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
hi again, if your still recieving these msgs, can you tell me if the pic i sent in previous message is a passlock sensor,
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
never did find out what a passlock senosor looked like however since the entire passlock system seems to be within the key lock cylinder, the lock houseing and a module in the bcm, i replaced the key cylinder n housring and bcm from an 05 ion with same trim as my 03, alls well ,started up after 30 min relearn, except the 05 didnt have fog lights and il have to get the air bag serial numbre programed,
Tim Mohr, ASE Certified Technician