Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

Estriana, I have an 05 Saturn Vue 4cyl. I had a new BCM installed

Customer Question

Estriana, I have an 05 Saturn Vue 4cyl. I had a new BCM installed because the lights in my car (dome, dash, etc.) stopped functioning. Less than a year ago the car cut off on me while driving and I had a diagnostic done and the mechanic was able to do a quick fix for it to run again but told me it was the BCM and I had to see a dealer for it to be fixed. I went to the dealer and had a new one placed and now I have four lights in my dash, service ABS TC and parking brake showing and I'm no longer able to use my keyless remote. They state they aren't able to read what's wrong because there's no communication. I go back tomorrow and would like to know what this problem may be so that I can have it fixed appropriately.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I've had a new one installed by dealer and once they installed it they left 4 lights in my dash (Abs, TC, Parking Brake and service light) my car makes a ding noise that's longer than usual and my remote to unlock/lock doors no longer works. They say they have no communication when trying to see the issue and can not clear lights or program keys.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Saturn Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** these lights were not on with the old BCM then it sounds like the new BCM is the problem or it didn't program correctly. If they cannot communicate with BCM that can only mean problem with power, ground, data line, or bcm itself. Let me know how it turns out or if you have more questions, thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Since taking my vehicle in yesterday morning I have nothing but issues dealing with the dealership that installed the part. I was notified yesterday that they placed a faulty part yesterday and it was supposed to be fixed today. Now they are supposedly having issues with programming and are continuing to try to work on it but are also trying to blame another part of the car that has nothing to do with the complaints I'm making.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Let me know how it turns out or if you run into questions. What other part are they trying to blame?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They are trying to blame the radio and EBCM. Which are both things I had no issues with before or after bringing my car in. The only issues I have had have been regarding the BCM and their programming it to my vehicle. I'm fearing they did some further damage to my car.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
I'd push them to replace the BCM before moving onto anything else. Let me know how it goes, thanks.