Saturn

Saturn Repair Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Saturn

It is Overheating.. We've replaced the Thermostat x2.. Waterpump

Customer Question
x2.. Radiator.. Overflow Reservoir....
It is Overheating.. We've replaced the Thermostat x2.. Waterpump x2.. Radiator.. Overflow Reservoir.. Temperature Sensor..
JA: Anything else I can tell the Saturn Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: the water/steam is coming out of the Overflow Cap.. which we've replaced x2 as well..
JA: Good to know. The mechanics have tons of experience dealing with this sort of thing. How old is your transmission?
Customer: I don't think it's ever been changed.. it's a 2001.. 119,000 miles on it..
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Saturn Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Saturn
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/5/2016
Saturn Mechanic: Super mechanic, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Super mechanic
Super mechanic, ASE Certified Technician
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you today. *** A BAD RATING HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ANY DEPOSIT YOU MADE ***** .Let me start by saying that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating..They are sometimes bad about the radiators clogging up and causing an overheating. Which may have been the original problem that caused the over heating..However, with any engine that runs hot, overheats or has been overheated it is best to check the integrity of the engine, (head gaskets and heads, etc.). The first thing that you want to do is check the cooling system for any exhaust gases. Make sure that it’s full first. There is a tester for that, that you can get from Autozone for about $20. They will normally lend you the tester and you just buy the fluid for about $8. It comes with instructions, but there is a blue fluid that is used in it, if the fluid turns yellow, that is exhaust gases. . Block tester available is: Napa BK.(###) ###-#### ***** Tester AUTOZONE Part Number:27145 http://www.autozone.com/autozone/accessories/Tools/Block-Tester/_/N-25dh?filterByKeyWord=block+tester&fromString=search .*****You will want to check it at different RPM’s and at different temperatures*** ... If there are any exhaust gases in the cooling system, that will cause more pressure than desired and will allow the engine to burn coolant and/or heat the coolant up too high. Most times not filling the crankcase with coolant either and not smoke out the exhaust. If there are, then there would be an internal engine problem, like a head gasket or head. .Please don’t forget to rate the answer, **** THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID **** if you need any more on it, I will be here..
If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the instructions in a PDF file, the file is rather large. You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it. I do not have access to your email address,
Super mechanic
Super mechanic