Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

The left rear brake light went out and we mistakenly picked

Customer Question

hi, the left rear brake light went out and we mistakenly picked up bulbs for signal lights instead. Since I already had them, after i got the brake light bulbs I replaced the signal/reverse light and the brake light. the brake light worked/works now. but then the left rear signal light started blinking fast when engaged. i thought maybe it was not in properly and contacts weren't good, so i tried to re-seat it. now none of the signal lights are working. Hazards seem to work fine, though. What happened or what do you recommend?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: 2002 saturn L200 signal light bulbs are part 7528 and the brake light bulbs were part 3157 wondering if i could have blown a fuse or if the flasher could be bad? or something else?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Saturn Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** to see if the 10 amp BU/TURN fuse under hood is blown. If not, try to put the old bulb back in place and see if that helps. Let me know, thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I replaced the fuse but now ALL the signal lights flash fast as if they were all going out.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

I think the new bulb may be the problem. Try and install the old signal bulbs back and let me know if that helps. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We figured that out before hearing back from you - autozone and others have incorrectly listed the bulb 7528 as fitting and being compatible with this year make model. We found one that will work based on its specs and fit - mini bulb part 1141.