Saturn

Saturn repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Just changed the electric air pump. What is the drive cycle…

Customer Question
Just changed the electric...

Just changed the electric air pump. What is the drive cycle needed for the check eng lamp to go out?

Mechanic's Assistant: After we'd chatted a lot online, and if you were coming to Detroit, and if you asked really nicely, and suggested some great restaurant, then I might consider it. Tell me about youself.

52 yes old , 5-7 divorced, live in reno nevada

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Saturn. The Saturn Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

Had a code po410, already cleaned out carbon, there is electric power to the pump, on humid cold mornings it didn't work,except sometimes when I tapped on it. So I just got another pump. I want to know what the drive cycle is to clear the code, assuming it's repaired.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Great! What have you tried so far?

Didn't I already tell you,I cleared the exhaust passages and replaced the air pump?

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Saturn Mechanic should be aware of about your Saturn?

No,just need to know what the drive cycle is to confirm the repair.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Saturn
3/7/2016
Saturn Mechanic: George H., ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician

Hello I will help you with your question,

What is the year, model and engine size of your Saturn?

99 sc2 1.9l vin 7

You should be able to do two Idle to warmup cycles, you don't need to drive it.

Did you erase the codes?

Only code set was the P0410?

No I didn't clear the codes.

Sorry, I was not notified of your response.

You should clear the codes, you can disconnect the negative battery cable for 30 seconds or if you have a code reader use that.

Does the pump run now when you first turn the engine on cold?