Saturn

Saturn repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2004 Saturn ion acts like it wants to stall out on me…

Customer Question
My 2004 Saturn ion acts...
My 2004 Saturn ion acts like it wants to stall out on me just had the O2 up stream sensor changed still causing the same problem can you help
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Saturn
2/25/2016
Saturn Mechanic: Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Ronnie
Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Can you explain when it acts like it want to stall out, dose this happen when you are slowing down and stopping? Has the computer system been scanned and if so can you tell me the fault code and or codes you where getting and one last thing, can you tell me why the HO2S sensor was replaced. Post back with this information and we can work from there.

It only acts this way when i stop at a light

Providing you are sure you are not dealing with any vacuum leaks , This type of stalling can be caused by sludge build up in the throttle body, I would suggest you remove the negative battery cable from the battery and then take some carb cleaner and a soft cloth and give the throttle body a good cleaning. After you have done this, reconnect the cable and start the engine and let it idle for 15 to 20 minutes to allow the computer to re-learn the closed throttle values. I suspect this will resolve you problem