Saturn

Saturn repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I went to the dealership and am not convinced that what they…

Customer Question
I went to the...

I went to the dealership and am not convinced that what they say is wrong should cost so much. Can you help please?

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Absolutely! Check engine light came on, car is running fine, checked that the gas cap was on, but engine light stayed on. Took it to the dealership today because the dash said Check Hybrid System and they came back with the following codes: P0455, P0A37, and P0449 The worst for me was the P0A37, the Starter/Generator for the hybrid system. They said it would cost $1815, with total costs to fix all three problems at $2440. I have never paid that much to fix my car.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Saturn
2/24/2016
Saturn Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 2 years ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Ok, I need to know if it is the 4cyl or 6 cyl hybrid engine.

Also, I need to know what they are saying needs to be replaced for the emissions fault codes(p0455 and p0449)