Saturn

Saturn repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

04 Saturn Vue temperature gauge says in the middle but the…

Customer Question
04 Saturn Vue temperature...
04 Saturn Vue temperature gauge says in the middle but the overheating light comes on and shut off the engine after a few hours of freeway driving vehicle does not seem hot v6
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Saturn
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/16/2016
Saturn Mechanic: FIXITMAN, Master Technician replied 2 years ago
FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician

Hello, my name is***** you for the question. Is it the light by the temperature gauge that is coming on? Does it typically only come on after driving for a while? Have you checked the coolant level?

He says its full the gauge never shows hot it never sreems or boils over the light comes on then it shuts off they let it cool off and start it up and drive again

Does the check engine light come on?

No just over heating light

Thank you. Most of the time this is either caused by a short in the wiring to the computer or a problem with the computer itself. You need to use a computer scan tool to see what temperature the computer is seeing. If it is not the same temperature then there may be a sensor or wiring problem. Is this something that you plan on fixing yourself?

Ok I will check it out

Let me know what you find and we can continue from there if needed.

FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician