Saturn

Saturn repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My name is ***** *****. I have a 2005 L330 that my mechanics…

Customer Question
My name is *****...

My name is ***** *****. I have a 2005 L330 that my mechanics tell me is leaking oil and needs to timing belt replaced and all that under that cover. They went to do it and broke every tool they have and cannot get the torx bolt out of the cam pulley. Any ideas?

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

What ellse do you need to know?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Saturn
2/15/2016
Saturn Mechanic: Randall C, ASE Master Tech replied 2 years ago
Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Tech

Hello, I am not following the question , why are cam gears being removed? and who is they?

There is a leak coming from the timing belt cover from the camshaft my mechanic told me. In order to change the timing belt and the bushing or what needs to be replaced, the cover must come off and the cam pulley can not be removed because the torx bolt holding it has broken all tools. The torx tool is breaking and my mechanic says they have tried everything but the bolt will not budge. they don't want to apply heat afra9d to damage cam.

Personally? I have never run into those bolts not coming out, I prefer to opt out and open the post to the other experts

Saturn Mechanic: Joe Prestia,
 replied 2 years ago
Joe Prestia

I would ask them to heat the camshaft moderately. Not glowing red or anywhere near it but get it a hundred to a couple hundred degrees over engine operating temp and then quench the bolt from the head with dry ice! Hope this helps!