George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ Years
13574682

I'm trying to replace the light bulbs on my headlighst 2007

Customer Question

I'm trying to replace the light bulbs on my headlighst for a 2007 Saturn View. It looks like there is supposed to be some type of lever to push to release the assembly. I can't see it. I have removed the 3 10 mm screws. And my name is Cris!
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The light is out on the drivers side head light. I was going to replace the bulbs for both lights, driver and passenger. With the removal of the 3 screws, it looks like it's attached in one other place, I just can't find it. I can't replace the bulb without removing the entire head light.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Saturn Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

Hello I will help you with your question,

You will have to use a screwdriver as shown in the procedure here >click< to release the catch and get the lamp free.

Please let me know if you have further questions

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll go look for it. I haven't been able to see the tab to push and release the assembly. DO you have a parts breakdown that shows? All I see when I put the screwdriver in is a small round piece at the bottom that doesn't do anything. There is also a round tab on the piece facing the engine, but that doesn't so anything either.
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

If you open the link I provided above and view the procedure it has diagrams of how to use the screwdriver.

Let me know if you see how after you have viewed the procedure

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Gently push the locking tab toward the rear of the vehicle with flat-bladed tool to detach the headlamp bracket lower arm" Cannot find the ;locking tab.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is nothing for me to gently push back that I can see, or feel with the screw driver.
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

It also says "be sure the screwdriver is fully through the hole in the bracket"

Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well I'm definitely missing something. The video you sent is for a different year, and isn't the same as mine. I already watched it. There just doesn't seem to be anything to push on once the screwdriver is inserted. I can see it's all the way in, but I can't see what to push gently to release it. I aprpeciate your help. I have no more time today to work in it today.
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

The video is for a 2005 - 2007. Can you check it again, sometimes links are crossed and I just tried it.

Push back against the bracket so the tab on the headlamp pushes forward out of the catch.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just reloaded it. I looked at this video also. I know there is something to push on, I just can't find it. It's too bad this guy didn't shine a flashlight on it!
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

If you look at the bottom of the lamp you will see the tab he was pushing on. It is molded to the bottom of the lamp housing.

Let me know if you can get it with that. I just got back from a doctor appointiment and will be here all evening and back again in the morning.

Thanks