Saturn

Saturn repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2003 Saturn VUE and I was driving and all the

Customer Question
needles of the control panel...
I have a 2003 Saturn VUE and I was driving and all the needles of the control panel got died and the wheel gets to strong for driving. When I turned off the car and tried to turn it on again it didn't work anymore. Sorry if my English is not the best. But if you answer me I can understand.
Thanks,
Mario
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Saturn
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/28/2016
Saturn Mechanic: john -aka eauto, The Car Guy replied 2 years ago
john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, The Car Guy

did the battery have a charge?

it is

does it crank?

I turn on but the engine star and immediately stop

is the security light on?

No. And now I turn on the ignition and lights gets on, the starting motor works but the engine is not running

does it have spark and fuel pressure?

I appreciate your help but I can not continue checking the car now because it is raining so hard. I'm apologize I can not give you the necessary information that you need for helping me.

We will have to pinpoint what the engine is missing.

Spark

Fuel

Compression

All three of these are tested when the engine is being cranked over. There are two way of checking for fuel. Fuel pressure and fuel trigger. Both are very important and must be present for the car to start. Fuel pressure is self explanatory. You just hook up the gage and see what the reading is. Fuel trigger is check with a noid light. The injector gets unplugged and the noid light gets plugged in to the injector clip. With the engine cranking over, this light must blink. This is the signal to the injectors from the computer. You can have all the fuel pressure in the world, but it wont matter if the injector is not pulsing gas into the cylinder like it should! Compression tester, spark tester, fuel pressure gage and noid light are all accessible at your local auto store. All three tests play a very important part in diagnosing a no start condition

Please remember to only rate my service when you are satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

I am not paid unless I get a rating of 3 to 5 Stars/Smiley Faces. If I have helped you with your question, please give me an appropriate rating so that I get credit for helping you