Saturn

Saturn repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My name is ***** *****. Not sure how to word my problem.

Customer Question
My name is *****...

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I have a 2001 Saturn SL1. the horn didn't work so I replaced the horn, relay, airbag/horn button in steering wheel and fuse. I noticed when I replaced the relay that there was corrosion where it plugs in. I took the cover off the relay box so I could clean the corrosion from the "guts". When I took the cover off Some of the wires came loose and I'm not sure how the were routed.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Saturn
1/24/2016
Saturn Mechanic: Randall C, ASE Master Tech replied 2 years ago
Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Tech

Hello, sorry for the delay, Are you asking as to what wire goes where in the horn relay, just a little confused sorry, please resend details, thanks

no. Inside of the relay box that is under the hood has a bunch of copper wires under the cover. I removed all the fuses and relay and took the plastic cover off to get at the corrosion under the plastic plate. When I removed the cover it looks like some of the wires are either broke or not routed where they should be.

I have access to all diagrams etc but still not following the question so,, can you take picture, upoakd to this post. I have to see what you are talking about. Here is a link to the fuse box under hood, You only spoke of horn relay so still a bit confused

ok. I'm going to take a picture and download it. It'll take me a few minutes.

no rush

it did and honestly I have never seen this happen,There is no diagram that will show the outline or layout of all the backside wiring that I have ever seen, With this said? I will opt out in case another expert can help, Sorry i could not,Unsure where to go with this one

Is there anyone that can help me with this>
No need for help now. I got a different fuse box and got it working. Hope I'm not going to be charged for this.