Saturn

Saturn repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Unlock stereo

Customer Question
Unlock stereo
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Saturn
I have a 2003 saturn ion. The stereo says lock when i turn it on. I do have the currebt lock code and need the other one to unlock it
1/21/2016
Saturn Mechanic: Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Ronnie
Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you have the current lock code you can call your GM dealer along with proof of owner ship and they will provide you with the other code. To be sure you have the correct stored code use the procedure in the link below.

Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view the link.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Back%20up%20retriv%20Jan%2020.pdf

I did call the GM dealership and they said they have no idea how to do it. The current code is 9435. Can you give me another code

Only the dealer has access to the security codes, Im not sure why they are telling you they do not know how to do it. You may want to try a different dealer.

Ok well i have seen some of your other technicians provide the code for other customers.

I will open the post back up for you in hope someone can. Unfortunately I can not. If someone can they will post back to you.

Saturn Mechanic: Dave Nova, Saturn Technician replied 2 years ago
Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Saturn Technician

Your radio unlock code should be 0091. Some of the newer Saturn radios do not work like the older GM radios with the unlock code. Most GM radios 2000 and newer have to be unlocked using the dealers Tech 2 scan tool. If the code supplied does not work then you will need to have the dealer connect their scan tool and unlock by inputting the vehicles VIN. If your local dealer is clueless, any GM dealer can do the procedure.

Dave Nova
Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Saturn Technician