Saturn

Saturn repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2002 Saturn L300 and I'm trying to get it to pass…

Customer Question
I have a 2002 Saturn...
I have a 2002 Saturn L300 and I'm trying to get it to pass the safety inspection in PA. and my question is will it pass inspection with the SES/check engine light on? there are no codes which usually means I have a bad Engine Control Unit, but i've read theres no safety issues from having a bad issues other then the check engine light being on is this correct? I already have an emissions waiver fyi and I'm not really sure I can try to replace the ECU as i have done so twice with both a used one and a brand new one and supossedly the dealership said they were both bad and they waned me to buy the dealer part to make sure it'd work right, seems very fishy. I'm beginining to wonder if they didn't screw something up with the pins which they had bent on a previous ECU installation back in may of 2015, but it worked and the check engine light went away. they said they fixed those pins but i mean it seems so werid to have two other ECU's be bad I mean I could see the used one, but the new one? it seems way to fishy right there.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Saturn
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/16/2016
Saturn Mechanic: pETER, Technician replied 2 years ago
pETER
pETER, Technician

With County you live in. Different county's. Different inspection rules in pa. Some don't require emissions. Some don't require safety. As for CEL/ Ses light i need to know trouble codes.