Saturn

Saturn Repair Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Saturn

DIC stopped working, cruise control and horn too. 2008 Aura

Customer Question
80,000 miles...
80,000 miles
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Saturn
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
any chance on getting an answer soon?
1/3/2016
Saturn Mechanic: Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a independent contractor for just answer, and ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating. I am not compensated for my time until you leave a positive rating.
Did this happen all of a sudden or gradually?

I have not heard heard from you. Do you still need assistance? I have also noticed that I have not received a rating from you. Please remember that your rating should be based on the service you received. Not if you were unhappy about the results. If for some reason you question did not get answered please reply. I am only compensated for my time when you leave a positive rating. Your understanding is appreciated.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This happened all at once suddenly
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have no answer from you just another question
Saturn Mechanic: Juan Crespo, Tech Trainer replied 1 year ago
Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, Tech Trainer

Hi there. Thank you for posting your question!

I’m a retired master technician and tech instructor with over 30 years experience. I also have access to a pretty good database on automotive service and repair. All of which enables me often times to offer you an educated guess on what the problem with your vehicle might be. However, if you’re thinking on working on the vehicle yourself, all my knowledge and resources won’t help you if you…

… don’t have tools or the skill to use them

… don’t realize it may take a few back and forth replies to solve the issue

… are not aware of the fact that there will probably be some special tools and equipment needed for a proper diagnosis

Having said that, the only link between horn, DIC and cruise control is the clock spring that connects switches on the steering wheel to the harness on the steering column. So, I would say that clock spring has failed.

Best Regards.

Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, Tech Trainer