Ronnie
Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 year as an ASE Tech
7276279

2004 saturn vue 3.5 V6 sat in the driveway -6 months. It

Customer Question

2004 saturn vue 3.5 V6 sat in the driveway for 5-6 months. It worked fine before, but now the reduced power engine light is on and the vehicle will not throttle past 1500 rpms. Could this be because of the gasoline sitting in the tank has gone bad or picked up sediment in the tank?
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Ronnie replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The old fuel may be part of the problem but anytime the reduced power light comes on the computer system is seeing something it dose not like. The first thing you are going to need to do is to have the computer system scanned and see what the fault codes are that are setting. One other thing you can try is to disconnect the negative battery cable and take some carb cleaner and give the throttle body a good cleaning. After doing so, reinstall the cable and start the engine and allow it to idle for 15 to 20 minutes to allow the computer to relearn the closed throttle values. Try this and post back with the results and we can work from there.