George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ Years
13574682

My Vue 2002 won't start.. Airbag light flashes 6 or 7 times,

Customer Question

Hello, my Vue 2002 won't start..
Airbag light flashes 6 or 7 times, I don't remember if it does that usually.
Category: Saturn
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
electricity works, but when I turn the key further to start, nothing happens. I think I hear a noise. I thought it was the airbag, since the light is flashing 6 or 7 times before going out, but I read somewhere that this is the normal behavior?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've read a number of post, and registered to "saturnfans"http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=163024 points to another thread with .PDF explaining deactivating of the airbag electronics.
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 1 year ago.

It is normal for the airbag light to flash when the key is energized. Do any of the other warning lights, gauges, or radio come on with the key turned on?