Saturn

Saturn Repair Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Saturn

I just took my wifes car to get the check engine light

Customer Question
diagnosed and it came back...
I just took my wifes car to get the check engine light diagnosed and it came back with bank 2 sensor 2 and i went to replace it and found that last summer her parents had part of the exhaust fixed and for the life of me i cant find a diagram or the sensor. I was a mech for th Marines so im not a complete idiot. Please help
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Saturn
11/21/2015
Saturn Mechanic: john -aka eauto, The Car Guy replied 2 years ago
john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, The Car Guy

its the rear o2 sensor behind the catylitic converter

Please remember to only rate my service when you are satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

I am not paid unless I get a rating of 3 to 5 Stars/Smiley Faces. If I have helped you with your question, please give me an appropriate rating so that I get credit for helping you

Is it on the y pipe, or is it towards the front of the car

Bank 2 is the side of the engine located closest to the radiator. Sensor 1 is located in the exhaust manifold closest to the radiator. Follow the exhaust pipe down from that exhaust manifold, and sensor 2 will be located behind the catalytic convertor on that pipe. Here is a picture of Bank 2 sensor 1.

Sensor 1 is before the pre catalytic converter, it is screwed into the exhaust manifold. Sensor 2 is after the pre catalytic converter, it is screwed in the exhaust pipe. Bank 1 is the bank towards the firewall, bank 2 is towards the radiator.

Sensor 1 is a 6 wire heated wide band lambda type, sensor 2 is a heated 4 wire sensor.

john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, The Car Guy