Ronnie
Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 year as an ASE Tech
7276279

On two separate occasions I have gotten a message that the

Customer Question

On two separate occasions I have gotten a message that the Stabilitrak system is off and then an additional message that the car is operating under reduced power. At that point 10mph is the max speed. In both cases, after shutting down for 10 mins, the car has functioned properly. What is causing this and what is the solution?
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Ronnie replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Anytime the Stabilitrack light comes on as well as the reduced power light this means the computer is seeing a system fault and when this happens the computer will set and store a fault code and or codes. In order to determine what is causing this problem the first thing you are going to need to do is to have the system scanned and the code and or codes retrieved. If you can get the system scanned and post back with the fault code and or codes I can advise you from there as to the proper repair.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That answer was neither insightful, or helpful in any way. I have owner cars for over 30 years. I am aware that a decent garage or dealer can hook up the car to a computer and it will read the fault codes. If that's all you can offer, then I do not feel any obligation to pay for the service. If you have additional information regarding the cause, problem, solution and cost, please share that with me. I understand that sometimes it's not possible to offer a remote diagnosis and it that case a simple "sorry we can't help" seems appropriate
Expert:  Ronnie replied 1 year ago.

You are not obligated to pay but the fact still remains that in order to even begin determine the cause there is no way to do so with knowing what the fault code and or codes are that are setting. Unfortunately there are simply to many things that could cause the system to fail and any attempt to give you a fix with knowing the fault codes would be a guess at best. Unfortunately I would not want to waste your time and money with guessing. I'm sorry there is no standard answer with out the fault codes.