Saturn

Saturn Repair Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Saturn

2007 Saturn Outlook.... Truck cranks but doesn't start.

Customer Question
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Saturn
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/8/2015
Saturn Mechanic: john -aka eauto, The Car Guy replied 2 years ago
john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, The Car Guy

is the security light on?

Which one is the security light?
It comes on when all the lights come on and then goes off

have you checked fuel pressure and spark?

Not yet....how is that done?

We will have to pinpoint what the engine is missing.

Spark

Fuel

Compression

All three of these are tested when the engine is being cranked over. There are two way of checking for fuel. Fuel pressure and fuel trigger. Both are very important and must be present for the car to start. Fuel pressure is self explanatory. You just hook up the gage and see what the reading is. Fuel trigger is check with a noid light. The injector gets unplugged and the noid light gets plugged in to the injector clip. With the engine cranking over, this light must blink. This is the signal to the injectors from the computer. You can have all the fuel pressure in the world, but it wont matter if the injector is not pulsing gas into the cylinder like it should! Compression tester, spark tester, fuel pressure gage and noid light are all accessible at your local auto store. All three tests play a very important

Ok thanks

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don’t hesitate to ask!

Please remember to only rate my service when you are satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

I am not paid unless I get a rating of 3 to 5 Stars/Smiley Faces. If I have helped you with your question, please give me an appropriate rating so that I get credit for helping you

I dont know how to do the things youve said... Is there a different way (simple way) to do what youve explained. Im on my own so Im trying to make this work

do you have a helper?

Im cant get the car down to the auto parts store but I can see if I can borrow the testers from the auto parts store

can you hear the fuel pump
?

can you hear the fuel pump
?

john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, The Car Guy