Saturn

Saturn Repair Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Saturn

I have codes 0502 and u010 and no speedometer working and

Customer Question
other issues no shifting...
i have codes 0502 and u010 and no speedometer working and other issues no shifting
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Saturn
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call + Provide Diagrams, Manuals, or Instructions. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
have codes 0502 and u010 and no speedometer working and other issues no shifting 2005 saturn vue
11/6/2015
Saturn Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The U code listed is missing a digit but with the symptoms you're having I'm assuming it was U0101. U0101 sets when the transmission control module isn't communicating, the TCM not communicating explains the speedometer not working and trans not shifting. The TCM not communicating could be a bus communication issue, a loss of power or ground to the TCM, or an internal TCM failure.

Have fuses been checked?

ALL FUSES GOODIS THERE A WAY TO TEST THE TCM?
WHAT ARE THE MAIN DEVICES ON THE BUS COMMUNICATION, AND BEST WAY TO TROUBLE SHOOT THEM?
AND WHERE ARE THEY LOCATED?

The TCM is the only thing not communicating, correct?

how would i know if the tcm was the only thing not communication
where is the tcm located? and what is the wire color of the bus limne tcn to pcm???
is there a wiring diagram available?

I'm unable to post directly from the service information due to copyright.

You would know if the TCM was the only module not communicating if a scan tool would communicate with all other modules but the TCM was not.

the scan toolis communicating w all the other modules, code u0101
where is tcm located?

I'm a full time tech and at work this morning I'll need to get to my Saturn wiring diagrams this evening and I'll get back to you as quickly as I can.

The TCM is behind the trim panel under the steering column.

The pink wire in pin 1 should have power with the key on.

The orange wire in pin 6 should have battery voltage.

The tan wire in pin 33 and tan/white are the bus wires.

The black wire in pin 39 is ground.

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician