Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

I have a 2003 Saturn Vue. It has starting making a roaring

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Saturn Vue. It has starting making a roaring sound while driving. It is hard to determine where the sound is coming from. It is time to rotate and balance my tires.....all of which still have good tread on them. What could this roaring sound be?
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** usually means one of the wheel bearings are failing. During noise slightly swerve left, if noise stops it is left bearing. If noise stops when swerving right you know problem is right bearing. This would cost around $250 to have done at a shop with parts/labor included. Let me know if you have more questions or would like replacement instructions, thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply. I have another question. If the wheel bearing should go out while I am driving, what will happen to my vehicle? Will I know that something is wrong? How will the vehicle act?
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

It will usually get louder and eventually you will feel alot of vibration. It does not usually get get terrible all at once, it will slowly get worse. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.