Ronnie
Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 year as an ASE Tech
7276279

I have a 2002 Saturn ls base model. Last night it was

Customer Question

I have a 2002 Saturn ls base model. Last night it was throwing a code that read cam shaft position sensor. From what I can tell these cars do not have that. After moving the spark plug wires , the check engine light went off. Suggestions? Shouldn't do nothing and see if the light comes back on ? Just had oil changed, last time up was 12 months ago
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Ronnie replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

You are correct, the 1.9 dose not have a separate camshaft position sensor and the cam signal comes from the ignition module. If you had the spark plug wire routed improperly to the coil that can cause a cam sensor code to set. SInce you have changed the wires around then at this point I would not do anything and if its running okay now lets wait and see if the light returns and if so, recheck the fault code.