Clayso
Clayso, Master Automobile Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Automobile Technician. 30 Years Experience.
77147243

2005 saturn vue v6 interior front headliner light stay on

Customer Question

2005 saturn vue v6 interior front headliner light stay on after car off and locked. alarm goes off sometimes for no reason since the light issue started. then last night the doors tryed locking and unlocking by themselves while driving
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Clayso replied 1 year ago.

Hi There, I'm Clay a certified master automobile technician with 30 years of automotive repair and diagnostic experience.

From your description most likely there is a door switch not completing the circuit to ground. When any of the door jamb switches open the circuit from ground the Body Control Module (BCM) sees it as a door is open, this will affect the alarm, turn on the dome light and cycle the door locks. The drivers door is the most used on the vehicle and is most likely the door jamb switch causing the problem. When the door jamb switches contacts fail internally, opening and closing the switch does not complete the circuit. An alternative to throwing a door jamb switch at the problem is to have the BCM scanned for codes, Depending on what codes are stored in the BCM would determine the course of action.

I hope this information is helpful. If you have any questions or comments let me know.

Kindly rate my assistance in a positive manner so I may have credit for helping you.
Positive ratings are greatly appreciated.
Thanks.