Saturn

Saturn Repair Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Saturn

This is to what (saturn) wrote me regarding the temporary

Customer Question
This is a follow up...
This is a follow up to what Jim (saturn) wrote me regarding the temporary loss of power to steering in my 2007 ion 2. Jim wanted to "make sure the code (C0550) was valid... see if code comes back." So, subsequent to dealers exam I took car to my own mechanic
of many years, who checked the code(s). He told me there are two sets of codes - historical and current. (I hope I got this nomenclature right). He found the 0550 event in the historical code. However, it was not present in the current code. Furthermore, this
was the one and only time the car had the problem.. it has not happened since. Curious to know Jims thoughts. Thanks.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Saturn
10/16/2015
Saturn Mechanic: jim, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
jim
jim, ASE Certified Technician

If the code was only in history and not in the current file, I would assume that the problem is intermitten. If you are not experiencing any problems at this time I would not be concerned. If the problem returns have it checked and see if the code has returned. This newer cars can see the smallest glitch once and never return. So I would just wait and see if the problem re occurs.

Thank you Jim. I will share your thoughts with my mechanic who is as trustworthy as he is capable. I must tell you that the dealer, whom I dealt with only because I was specifically told to do so by GM, left a lot to be desired on this and other issues.

I am sorry to here that, it is good you have a reliable mechanic you can trust.

George H.
George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician