Saturn

Saturn Repair Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Saturn

I have a 2001 Saturn coupe 3 door it jst now started like

Customer Question
ping noise and it is...
I have a 2001 Saturn coupe 3 door it jst now started like ping noise and it is idles a little high it's a standard 5 speed I drive to Davis everyday for work I live in citrus heights CA should this be serious
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Saturn
10/5/2015
Saturn Mechanic: EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician

Hi. Your concern is not very serious and probably would not leave you stranded somewhere. But pinging is usually caused by a faulty or dirty Mass Air Flow sensor. It is located in the air intake after the air filter. The sensor is what reads how much air is coming into the engine. The sensor can be cleaned with a MAF cleaner that can be bought at a part store. Respond to let me know if you have more questions. Thanks.

I see you viewed my response. Have you tried anything yet? Do you have more questions? Please respond to let me know. Thanks.

EricFromCT
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician