Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner of a mobile diagnostics company assisting auto technicians with difficult vehicles
77480539

How to reset driver's power door lock /switch on a 2007 xr

Customer Question

how to reset driver's power door lock /switch on a 2007 xr Saturn aura. The doors unlock and clicks sometime by itself. I must have held the power door lock down 5 seconds while the car was running/ idle and heard a chime. Ever since a couple of days, the doors unlock when I lock the door with the remote after a few hours or the next morning.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 2 years ago.

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating.

My suspicion is that one of your door lock switches is worn out and sticking.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok. So you are saying the driver's door switch maybe going bad. So, its not possible that
the door lock needs to be reset or that resetting the driver's door lock switch does not exists?
I am asking because I don't know. I just bought the car a couple of month ago. The dealer
would charge me a lot just to looking at it.
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 2 years ago.

There is really no reset for the locks