Chris (aka- Moose), Saturn Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 2007 Saturn Aura and it does not start sometimes I

Customer Question

Hi.. I have a 2007 Saturn Aura and it does not start sometimes
I am getting the security blinking light when it does not start
if I lock and unlock the doors and then retry it the car will start
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Do you get the same results from both keys?

Is there an aftermarket alarm, or remote start on the vehicle?

Are you needing to remove the key, and lock unlock the doors with the key or the power lock switch or remote?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
both keys have the same issue. no aftermarket alarm installed.. This was a used car and the key fobs never worked... I use the power lock switch to lock and unlock the car.

It looks like the car may be thinking unauthorized entry occurred and it has put itself into theft mode because it senses someone has tried to start the car but the car never noticed the door was open. Can you monitor this closely and see if when you enter the vehicle and this occurs, see if the courtesy lamps did not come on from a possible sticking door ajar switch.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris