Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner of a mobile diagnostics company assisting auto technicians with difficult vehicles
77480539

While driving my 2007 Aura Xe I have experienced loss of

Customer Question

While driving my 2007 Aura Xe I have experienced loss of power to the engine as I step on gas no acceleration and had to pull over. After shutting of power and turning it back on it runs until it happens again. Three times over the last two days.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 2 years ago.

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating.

My immediate suspicion is the throttle body. Do you get a reduced power message?

Have you stopped and had the codes read?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What is a reduced power message and how and where do I read that? Have not had codes read as they want money for that.
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 2 years ago.

You can get the codes checked for free at most parts stores. The dash may have a message that says reduced engine power.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
K, no message on dashboard and will let you know what code we get.
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 2 years ago.

OK

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The light reads service traction???
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 2 years ago.

Service traction could be a throttle body issue. Can you have the chassis codes read?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Will do and thank you.
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 2 years ago.

Let me know results

Expert:  Tool Hut replied 2 years ago.

It has been a couple of days since I have heard from you. Do you still need assistance? I have also noticed that I have not received a rating from you. If for some reason you question did not get answered please reply. I am only compensated for my time when you leave a positive rating. Your understanding is appreciated.